Escher's Keep
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Escher's Keep - the meeting place for all DHI's and Kingdom Keepers... and their fans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Expederest

Expederest

Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:54 pm

Yay fanfiction! So, i've been writing this story for a while now. I've been posting it over at DHIDicussion, but now i'm sharing it over here too. Let's start.

Chapter One

He awoke to the faint aroma of roses filling his lungs. Finn Whitman opened his emerald green eyes, got up and checked out his surroundings. He was in a rose garden in between the entrance to Tomorrowland and the Castle Hub, Cinderella Castle glowing in the background. He walked towards the Central Hub of the Magic Kingdom, and sat on a stone bench facing the Partners statue. He was the first to arrive.

It was about 8 weeks earlier, when Finn and his friends had become tour guides in the form of DHIs, Disney Host Interactive or Daylight Hologram Imagery, at the Magic Kingdom, and also when they found out they would cross over into the park and become their hologram selves whenever they fell asleep. At first, they found it impossible, but after battles with evil witches, Small World dolls and Audio Animatronic pirates, they realised how real it was. Originally, they had to solve a riddle called the Stonecutters Quill for an old imagineer called Wayne. Now, they just meet up with each other every night outside the Castle, before crossing back over to bed.

Finn waited for 5 minutes, watching the castle subtly change colour, before Philby arrived, walking over from Liberty Square. They both exchanged greetings and Philby sat down next to him.

"The new christmas lights make it look a lot more magical" Finn said, refering to the coating of glowing 'ice' christmas lights decorating the castle for the holidays.

"Yeah, did you know they used over 200,000 LED christmas lights, and the cables have been specifically painted to match the castle, to make them appear invisible in the daytime?".

Philby was a bit of a knowledge-seeker. He knew anything about everything, and what he didn't know, he researched on until he found the answer. He is also a major rock climbing enthusiast.
Before Finn could reply, he heard footsteps coming over from the bridge that leads to Adventureland. He got up and turned around, to see Charlene and Willa walking towards them, deep in conversation about what they got on Black Friday. They stopped their conversation long enough to say hello, before Charlene got back to talking about the Converses she got for half price at the Orlando Premium Outlets.

Charlene was the type of girl you would see on a magazine cover. Her golden hair cascaded over her shoulders like waterfalls, her eyes shimmering with interest as she spoke about her bargain shopping. Willa, with her exotic features, had an exquisite beauty that set her apart from Charlene. Finn and Philby didn't go shopping on Black Friday, so they just sat and listened to their conversation. About a minute later, Maybeck finally arrived, appearing from Main Street U.S.A.

"Sorry i'm late guys. I lost track of time while playing VMK" he said as he arrived. Maybeck prefers to use his last name, much like Philby. He's an African-American, the tallest in the group. His large afro made him look even taller.

"No worries" Finn replied "So, now we're all here, it's time for the 'Daily Answers'". Ever since their last adventure ended, they meet up every night after crossing over, and talk about any recent news relating to their adventures.

"Ugh, why do you call it that?" groaned Maybeck.

"Hey, it's the best thing I could think of. Anyway, anyone heard anything interesting?" Finn said.

"You know, i'm in the mood to ride Goofy's Barnstormer" Charlene replied, showing her disinterest in the conversation.

"Well, you can go ride it after this" Finn said. A little known fact about the Magic Kingdom, is the rides stay on for 24 hours, but appear closed to those who don't know this fact.

Philby gazed up at the castle and said "you know, i'm gonna miss this".

"Miss what Philby?" Willa asked.

"Well, being in the Magic Kingdom, nobody else around. Endless rides on Space Mountain without getting off".

"Wait, what's going on?" Maybeck said suspiciously. Philby look at everyone's confused expressions, then said

"You mean you haven't heard? It was on all the news channels this morning."

"Oh come on, just tell us already" Maybeck impatiently said.

"Well, I turned on CNN this morning, and they had a story about Disney taking out the DHI servers to fix a technical problem, and I fear it might be the 'problem' of us crossing over into the park every night"

"But isn't there a back-up server as well?" Willa asked, disappointed at what she heard

"Yeah, but they're taking that one out as well. Even if it isn't to patch the coding that enables us to appear here, it still means we're unable to cross over for 6 months, minimum". Everyone was quiet for about a minute, taking in the news.

Finn finally broke the silence by saying "Well, it gives us that chance to get our lives back to how it was before this happened, and we can still meet up in VMK every night instead".

"But I just can't do that!" Charlene complained "How do you expect us to go back to our normal lives after what we've been through?"

"Well I think that..." he started before Willa interrupted him.

"Wait. Do you hear that?". Everyone quietened down and the steady sound of a rumbling engine was audible. The sound was coming from Fantasyland. It sounded like it was coming towards them. Everyone turned towards the castle and they saw a golf cart come out of the shadows of the tunnel which leads through Cinderella Castle to Fantasyland. The driver was an elderly man with short, white hair and piercing blue eyes, his face was creased with concern.

The gang's faces lit up and Willa shouted out "Wayne! What are you doing here?".

"No time to explain." he called back. "Follow me".
Back to top Go down
natyyrox

natyyrox

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Ah, I like it! It's really interesting. You can't leave me hanging, though. Post some more! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Expederest

Expederest

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Ask, and you shall recieve!

Chapter Two

The kids ran towards Wayne, expecting to go up into the Castle Apartment, but instead of leading them through the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique storeroom, he instead carried on through into Fantasyland and took a left. He ushered them through a gate which led to a staircase up the castle. The fountain opposite was bathed in golden light, illuminating the statue of Cinderella. At the top of the staircase was a walkway that surrounded most of Cinderella Castle. They were just outside the stained glass windows that look into the dining area of the Cinderella's Royal Table restaurant.

As everyone got up the stairs, Philby asked "Why aren't we going to the apartment?"

"Oh, we are. It's just Eschers Keep takes too long to go through, and this is pretty urgent." Wayne answered. Eschers Keep is an unopened attraction within Cinderella Castle. It was based off the paintings of M. C. Escher. It's a maze filled with mindblowing illusions like upside-down walkways, invisible floors, and realistic, holographic doors. A wrong turn can lead you twisting down a slide, which can lead you onto the floor below, or even the castle moat. Wayne walked over to a nearby turrent and pushed one of the bricks. It glowed and part of the rounded wall spun round, revealing a stairway which spiraled into darkness.

"Now that was cool" exclaimed Maybeck, and the others nodded in agreement.

"Now, you have to be quiet when in the apartment. Don't want to disturb the family in the Cinderella Castle Suite tonight". They crept up the stairs in silence, their hologram bodies lighting the way. Soon, they reached a passageway that ended with a lever.

"Everyone stand as close to the wall as possible" Wayne whispered. Everyone adjusted their position and Wayne pulled the lever. The floor turned underneath them, and light poured into the dank corridor. They spun 180 degrees, before stopping. They were in the warmth of the Castle Apartment. Originally built for Walt Disney's family, it was decorated with furniture which seemed ancient to Finn, but added to the coziness of the room. He turned around and noted that they had appeared where the fireplace used to be. A TV was audible from the room below them. Finn walked over to a small sofa and sat down. Charlene followed, not leaving much room between them. The others crowded onto the sofa opposite and Wayne sat in an faded armchair facing them.

"Ok, by now I think you've heard the news about renovating the servers, but before you complain" Wayne said just as he was about to be interrupted by a wave of complaints.

"We'll talk about it more tomorrow. For now, I need to talk about a current threat that's starting to appear. As you know, we have Maleficent trapped in the jail cells under Pirates of the Caribbean." Maleficent is part of the Overtakers, a group of Disney villains intent on taking over Walt Disney World, and possibly Earth. She attempted to sabotage the DHI's attempts on solving the Stonecutters Quill and getting Walt Disney's first pen. She also put a spell on a girl called Jez. Her sister, Amanda, helped out Finn with a lot of things. Finn eventually broke the spell on Jez and hasn't seen the 2 sisters since. Maleficent was captured after a nausiating chase through the Magic Kingdom garbage disposal. She was placed in a jail cell under Pirates of the Caribbean, which was originally made by the Overtakers to trap every employee of the Magic Kingdom inside. A spell was put on the cell by Jez before her powers diminished that kept the area in a warm environment. Maleficent can only use her powers when in a cold environment. Because of this, she can make places abnormally cold to keep her powers strong.

"Well what about her? Has she escaped?" Charlene asked.

"Well, not exactly. The spell used on the cell is too strong for her to break, too strong for anyone to break without the right equipment. That is the problem. We fear that someone may be looking for something called the 'WED Enchantment Canceller'. This device can erase any type of magic spell cast on an object. Some strange events have been going on at Epcot in the past week. A few days ago, the screen at Honey I Shrunk the Audience was found with a large rip in it. Not only that, but the snake is missing from the film reel. Yesterday, the queue area was trashed, things just thrown everywhere like someone was looking for something. So this is where you come in"

"So, you want us to go to Epcot and get this thing?" asked Maybeck, getting up to stretch.

"Well not exactly. You see, the device has been split into 5 parts and spread about the park, but to show you what you're looking for, i'm going to need some visual aide, so we're going over to Tomorrowland." Wayne responded. He turned around and pushed a Silver button in the shape of a Hidden Mickey. A hole appeared in the floor, unfortunately underneath Maybeck. He yelled some inappropriate words as he fell through and slid down the chute underneath to darkness. Finn jumped in after, and sped down the chute, yelling with excitement. His voice echoed around him, mixing with everyone else's voices. He hit the ground with a thump and nearly rolled into the water that surrounded Cinderella Castle. He got out of the way quickly, narrowly missing Willa knocking him over. Soon everyone was waiting for Wayne to come down the slide.

"Up here!" he yelled, and they found him on the drawbridge, waiting for them to come up. Realising this, they ran round the castle to meet with him, then walked towards Tomorrowland.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1017

Tyler1017

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 am

I was starting to read this on the other site. It's really good! Continue, please? Smile
Back to top Go down
KeeperKat
Admin
KeeperKat

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 pm

This is really good- can't wait to read the next chapter!
Back to top Go down
https://escherskeep.forummotion.com
Expederest

Expederest

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 am

CHAPTER THREE

They all stood around a large model of a futuristic city, the layout similar to a flower, with small buildings on the outside, gradually increasing in size to the middle. Behind them, the blue vehicles of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority quietly glided by. Finn hadn't been on the ride that many times before, prefering the thrill rides to this slow-moving attraction. From the looks of his friends, they appeared as confused about the need of this city as he was.

"Now who can tell me what this is." Wayne asked. Everyone looked towards Philby, who sighed and said "It's a model of Epcot City, Walt Disney's original plans for the land he bought in Florida."

"Correct." Wayne replied. "The Enchantment Canceller was split up in the early 1980s around the time Epcot was being constructed, so the Imagineers took 5 main parts of Walt's original plans for Epcot City, and put the pieces into the rides that corresponded to these themes."

"So what? You want us to find out the sections of this city, find the pieces and save the Kingdom again?" Maybeck asked in an impatient tone.

"Precisely that." he replied. "But, I haven't the time to go into more detail. I'll explain more tomorrow, but until then, i'd suggest looking into Epcot City before our meeting tomorrow."

"But, what about the DHI server refurblishment?" Charlene asked.

"Oh, you'll find out in time" Wayne replied, before pulling out a small remote control with a single red button on. Everyone said goodbye before he pressed it, and the DHIs vanished.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1017

Tyler1017

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 am

This is a really good story.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
KeeperKat
Admin
KeeperKat

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:40 pm

okay... you've got me hooked lol more, please!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Expederest

Expederest

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:24 pm

CHAPTER 4

It was another typical school day for Finn. He left his Physics lesson starved, gratified that it was time for lunch. He entered the overcrowded cafeteria, and looked around for Dillard. He soon spotted his slightly overweight friend eating his lunch. He made his way through the chatting teens blocking the way and sat next to him. Dillard looked up, muttered a hello, and looked back down at his food. The two haven't really spoken much since Finn left Dillard to care for his 2 fainted friends during Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party, when Finn, Philby & Maybeck confronted Maleficent under Pirates of the Caribbean. "Hey, guess what me and the other DHIs have to do." said Finn.
Dillard sighed and sarcastically replied "You lost the stonecarver pen and need to find it before Disney World is taken over."
"One, it was the stonecutters quill" Finn said. "And two, we need to find some artifact that cancels magic before an Overtaker does, and releases Maleficent."
"Like i've already told you, these are all just dreams. It's just a coincidence that all of you are having similar dreams. Even if it is real, it should be over soon anyway, seeing as they're taking out the DHI servers." Dillard responded coldly.
Fiin could tell Dillard was annoyed about something. "What's the matter then?" he asked.
"Ever since those dreams started, all our conversations have been DHI this, and DHI that. We haven't has a proper conversation in weeks. I feel we're drifting apart."
"You know, you're absolutely right. Hey, why don't we go to MGM Studios on Saturday?"
"I dunno... I've got tons of homework, and..."
"Come on. There'll be no mention of DHIs, and we can ride Rock n' Roller Coaster over and over until we puke."
"Well... You're paying for my ticket."
"Hey, I get complimentary tickets for life. No point in paying."
They both laughed and continued eating lunch. Finn wanted to tell Dillard more about what he needs to find in Epcot, but he knew now wasn't the time.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1017

Tyler1017

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Oooh continue please!
Back to top Go down
Expederest

Expederest

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Sorry I haven't updated. I've been in Walt Disney World! Going has inspired me to plan another story as well. Not based on Kingdom Keepers, but it has a few ideas 'inspired' by the series... I'm going to post 2 chapters to make up for lost time.

CHAPTER 5

As Finn crossed over, something was odd. He had appeared in an area of the Magic Kingdom unfamiliar to him. Looking around, the buildings were futuristic-looking. "I must be in Tomorrowland" Finn thought aloud. "But which part..." He wandered through a gap between 2 buildings and past a stall selling some novelty items you could buy anywhere else on Disney property. Finn soon entered a wide open area. In front of him was a huge fountain, and to the right of that, an even larger sphere, similar to a golf ball. He stopped walking, and said "I don't think i'm in the Magic Kingdom".
He head someone calling his name, and spotted the other DHIs by a pin trading stall. He rushed over towards them and asked "What's going on? Why are we in Epcot?" Everyone shrugged, except Philby who was about to answer but someone behind them answered before him.
"Well, I got the DHI server temporarily moved to Epcot." The kids turned around, and saw Wayne headed towards them on a Segway. "Anymore questions?"
"Uhm, how are we being projected in Epcot?" Willa asked before anyone else could get the chance to.
"Disney had planned on expanding into the other parks since the DHIs were so successful in Magic Kingdom. They even installed the projectors into Epcot and were ready to announce the expansion in September, until you started to cross over. Now it's on hold until the servers are fixed."
"So whenever we cross over now, we'll be in Epcot now?" questioned Charlene.
"That's right" replied Wayne "especially since you're looking for the magic canceller. Which reminds me. Who found anything out about Epcot City?"
Philby raised his hand, and said "It was going to be a massive city, with advances in technology which don't really exist in any cities today. Everyone would use things like monorails, or people movers for transportation instead of cars. The layout would of been like a flower, with the city centre in the middle and the neighbourhoods on the outside, each resembling a petal."
Wayne smiled and said "That's right. Do you remember what the main parts of the city were?"
"There's the transportation, the city centre, the green belt which would have been a big expanse of greenland seperating the housing and the city core, technology, and the community."
"And that is what each piece of the magic canceller was split up into. They were put into the rides that most suited them. We need you to find the pieces before the Overtakers do and release Maleficent with it. Each piece has an imprint of the original Epcot logo on them."
"And why is it you imagineers can't find these pieces youself?" Maybeck inquired.
"Mainly because none of the imagineers believe this device actually exists, and those that do, can't get permission to tear apart an attraction to find something like that."
"Oh, and lucky us get to do so?" Macbeck sarcastically asked.
"Exactly. Enough questions for now. I'm going to show you where the remote is going to be left, and also where you'll leave the pieces."
Before they could say anything, Wayne was already segwaying down the path towards Spaceship Earth. By the time the kids caught up with him, he was off the Segway and opening a trapdoor by the entrance to the park icon. Wayne ushered them inside and led them through the single door to the left. Inside was a few crates, a small table, and an office chair.
"Do you think it's safe to leave the pieces to a magic object inside a place anyone can get into?" inquired Willa.
"Trust me. This room is only accessible to us." replied Wayne, who proceeded to pull out the remote used to go back home. "As you know, this remote takes you back to your beds." Then he pulled out another remote, with a Mickey-shaped, silver button. "But this remote should only be used if all the pieces for the Magic Canceller are taken from you, which should hopefully never happen. I'll now leave you to discuss how to go about with this. Goodnight, and good luck!" and he left without a word.
After an hour of discussion, the DHIs agreed they would look into one piece of the Magic Canceller and find any rides suitable for where it could be, starting with transportation. After this agreement, Finn pressed the button on the remote and all went dark.
Back to top Go down
Expederest

Expederest

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm

CHAPTER 6

Finn arrived home from school earlier then normal, and headed straight up to his room to log into VMK and check if the others were on yet. Upon logging in, he subconciously clicked to enter the Main Street area, and appeared in Town Square, as he always did. After the screen loaded, christmas music sounded and Finn's character appeared under the train station, next to a floral design of Mickey Mouse. The room was decorated for christmas, snow fell from the sky, christmas lights hung around the room, and strangely the trees weren't decorated with baubles, they were baubles! He checked to see who was online. None of the DHIs were. Finn shrugged and walked into the Emporium store to see what was new. He gaped at the new gingerbread items, and realised he'd need a lot more credits then 2,350 to make a decent gingerbread house. He opened up the map and headed for the Haunted Mansion game lobby. Finn found the game easy to play, you catch ghosts with a sort of vacuum cleaner, and with Disney forgetting to change the double credits earned over Halloween, he can get 500 credits a game on average.

The room was filled by pumkins and presents making an odd mix of holiday celebrations. Keeping up-to-date with Disneyland, a statue of Jack Skellington sat above the entrance to celebrate the time Haunted Mansion is renovated for the holidays. The lobby was crowded with players, some heading towards the entrance to the Mansion to get their daily credits from the Hitch Hiker ghosts, others joining the game, and some just having a conversation. Finn started his own game, and a player called wdwlover joined the game almost instantly. The game started in the stretching room. It wasn't long before green & pink ghosts were appearing from coffins throughout. Finn made a job of avoiding the pink ghosts, as being on the green team, they would cause him to become a ghost for 30 seconds. The next part of the game was in the ballroom, but none of the ghosts were dancing. This level was slightly harder as tables, presents, and other obstacles created a maze-like pattern on the floor. The last level, set in the attic, was the hardest as chests and barrier caused areas to be cornered off. Good is the ghosts are your colour, but not if they're the opposite colour. In the end, Finn won the game, capturing almost 60 ghosts.

After the game, Finn checked whether anyone was on, and saw Philby and Willa were both on, and hanging out in Philby's Blizzard Beach room. He sent them both a message. 'Hey, meet in my Expedition Everest room, and we'll talk about what to do tonight'. After clicking send, Finn scrolled through his list of rooms and chose one called Everest Party Room and clicked enter. He appeared an in a snow covered room, with a mountain in the background where a train occasionally travels up the peak. There were abandoned train tracks on the floor, large footprints in the snow, and a crashed train stuck in the snow. Finn had decorated the room with ice blocks arranged in a square for dancing on, a campfire in the middle of the room, and some train cart chairs surrounding it. There was a water cooler and cookie machine at the back. As soon as Finn had sat down, Philby and Willa had entered the room. They exchanged greetings and sat down with him. Finn checked his friend list to see if Maybeck & Charlene were on. They had logged on, so Finn sent a message to them to join him. As soon as he had sent the message, he heard the sound of a train whistle, which meant someone had sent him a message. It was from Dillard. 'You wanna play a game of Potc?' Not wanting to hurt his feelings, Finn replied 'i'm a little busy atm, but i'll send you a message when I can.' By now, Charlene and Maybeck had entered the room.

Finn: Now we're all here, where are we going tonight?

Philitup: I figured the easiest part to look for first, would be transport. There's only one ride that's focused on that, and it's Test Track.

Willatree: But that's only been open for a short while. I thought they'd only be included in original rides.

Philitup: But before Test Track opened, there was a ride called World of Motion in it's place. It showed a history of transport and also the future. There's a chance they moved the piece into Test Track.

Mybest: So what is it we should be looking for?

Finn: Since it's transport, I would guess something like a wheel.

Angelface13: But there's got to be loads of wheels throughout the ride. We'd never be able to check them all in time!

Mybest: She's right. There's no ### chance we're gonna search through all those wheels. The chat system in VMK blocked Maybeck's rude language.

Finn: Well we're gonna have to try.

Willatree: There is a problem with the timing. Unlike at Magic Kingdom where it didn't matter what time we crossed over, we would fit, there are no DHIs in Epcot. We're going to have to wait at least half an hour after Illuminations ends for the majority of the guests to leave.

Finn: That means going to bed around tent oh clock. VMK's chat system was restricted, so many players exhanged words to mean something else, also known as 'dictionary dancing'.

Angelface13: Well, it saves having to explain to my per.ants why i'm going to sleep early. The other four agreed. Finn remembered the concern of his parents as he started going to 3 hours earlier then normal.

Finn: So it's sorted. We'll meet outside the Test Track sign.

With that, everybody said goodbye as they went to do their own things on VMK. Finn went back to the Emporium to buy the gingerbread items, and then considered logging out, when he suddenly remembered what he said to Dillard. He brought up his friends list and sent him a message. 'I'm ready. Now let's go play some pirates!'
Back to top Go down
Tyler1017

Tyler1017

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Ooooh continue please! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Expederest

Expederest

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:38 pm

CHAPTER 7

The park was empty when Finn arrived. He appeared outside Spaceship Earth, surrounded by the Leave a Legacy sculptures, or 'tombstones' as his father calls them. As he walked towards Test Track, he noted that he could see the cars still speeding around the outside of the building. Were all the rides kept on just like at Magic Kingdom? Maybe the park wasn't as empty as he previously thought. He was the first to arrive, but the others arrived simutaneously after him.

"Hey, what's up with the ride still running?" Willa questioned.

As always, Philby replied."I've read they sometimes leave Test Track on overnight because of the time it takes to restart the ride in the mornings."

"So what's the game plan then?" asked Maybeck.

"We're going to explore as much of the pavillion as we can, including the queue area, and backstage to find this piece. We're assuming it's a wheel, as it's on almost every mode of transportation ever invented." Finn replied. "So now we're all here, let's head inside".

The queue area is seperated into 3 lines. One is the normal line, one is the Fastpass line, and the other is the single rider line. Each pass by seperate displays, so the DHIs split up. Normally the room is filled with bangs, crashes, screeching, and other loud noises as crash test dummies are repeatedly beaten, car pieces are tested, and videos play footage of car tests. Now, it is unusually silent. Everything they passed, they checked for the Epcot Center logo, but found no such luck. The preshow rooms were left open, so the kids quickly walked through, with nothing of interest to be found in them other then Google Map pictures of various car testing facilites, including an ariel photo of the Test Track building. Soon, they entered the loading zone. Whilst making their way through the twisting pathway to the Test Track vehicles, Philby explained that the wheels on each car are replaced every 6-8 weeks, due to friction wearing down the tyres. Therefore, there would be no need to check all of them, which is a large time saver, as every car has 22 wheels, 18 of which are hidden from view. They soon reached the front and boarded the next car, the boys in the front and the girls in the back. After putting on their seatbelts, the car started moving into an incline before heading back downhill over a series of bumps.

"I forgot how bumpy this ride could get!" Charlene exclaimed, holding onto the seat in front of her to stabalise her balance.

"When was the last time you even rode?" Willa asked, bracing for the upcoming part which simulates the anti-lock braking system failing. The car gained speed and crashed through the cone course.

"Well, Epcot isn't normally my first choice of park to visit when i'm out..." Charlene answered, straightening out after the previous wild turn.
"Hey, there's some tyres over there!" Philby pointed out. There were about 5-6 tyres spread out around 2 screens that normally replays the comparison turns just made, now switched off, but none had the logo on them.

"Maybe we should of walked the attraction instead of riding it." Maybeck commented.

"This is just to see where the tyres are. We can make a more thorough look after we get off." Philby replied.

The car headed into a heat chamber. The temperature reached 110 degrees. The teens shifted uncomortably in their seats. They were only in the room for a short time, before the car went into the cold chamber, where the temperature fell to 10 degrees. Finn shivered. It felt colder then the cold chamber should. Not as cold as the chill Maleficent brought, but noticeable enough for Finn to look for anything odd. The car rolled out of the cold chamber and into the corrosion chamber. Robots sprayed water vapour at the car. The chill had disappeared. Finn just assumed it was his mind playing tricks. The car started a series of turns to test the handling before entering a dark tunnel. There was some loud honking and a van appeared, startling the teens. The car swirved out of the way. Suddenly there was a deafening noise.

"What was that?!?" Charlene said, her voice shaking.

"It could be that simulation thing over there." Finn replied, pointing to a small demonstration that showed a car crashing into a wall.

"No, that thing hasn't worked in years" Philby said, looking aound for the noise.

As the car turned into the finale of the ride, where the cars accelerate towards a wall which opens and sends them speeding around the outside of the building at speeds of 64mph, they find the car in front of them destroyed, and now a smoking wreckage blocking their path to finishing the ride. The doors didn't open. The sensors have been turned off, and have failed to stop the ride. The girls screamed. Maybeck swore. They struggled to get their seatbelts off. They were trapped in the vehicle. It started to accelerate towards the wreckage.
Back to top Go down
KeeperKat
Admin
KeeperKat

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:04 pm

ah! so good! haha anxiously awaiting the next part! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret   Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret Empty

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Keepers: Epcots Secret
Page 1 of 1